This classic style of massage, commonly known as Swedish Massage, is performed with slow sweeping strokes that soothe away tension, leaving you feeling relaxed and refreshed. The intent of this treatment is to soothe and relax, treating all tissues equally and not using any specialized techniques to address any problem areas.
Relaxation massage is all about relaxing. It focuses on giving the client time to recover from the stresses of daily life. When you experience relaxation massage, you can expect a treatment that involves:
- Long smooth gliding strokes that are rhythmic and flowing
- Pressure that is deeply relaxing, but not painful
- A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax you, not to relieve chronic pain or other underlying ailments
The Benefits of Relaxation Massage
As with any kind of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage can last for several days after your treatment. Relaxation massage can offer the following benefits:
- Lowering blood pressure – at least for a while
- Improvements to peripheral circulation
- Improvements to skin tone and appearance
- Improvements to gastrointestinal motility (bowel movements will become more regular)
- Some reduction in muscle tension including the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Improvements to any stress-related symptoms. This can include providing a gentle boost to the immune system if you undergo regular treatments.
Trackback from your site.